How to build mp4v2 for Leopard compatibility.
1. Download mp4v2-r355 from the MP4v2 project.
2. Setup these environment variables:
export CFLAGS=”-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk”
export CXXFLAGS=”-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk”
3. Run configure with the following command: (refer to mp4v2 issue 58)
./configure –disable-gch –enable-ub=ppc,i386,x86_64
4. Go to the “.libs” directory that contains the compiled mp4v2 library and adjust the imports:
install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmp4v2.2.dylib libmp4v2.2.dylib
for v in mp4* ; do install_name_tool -change /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.2.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmp4v2.2.dylib $v; done
5. All done. The mp4* executables should be placed in the standard “MacOS” folder of the application bundle and the dynamic library libmp4v2.2.dylib should be placed in the standard Frameworks folder.
Do you enjoy this post? Enter your e-mail address below to receive articles like this one in your mailbox.